Monday, September 10, 2012

My Favorite Room


I love my little house.  My favorite room is the sun room.

When I finally found a job after being laid off for 11 of the scariest months of my life in 2009, my first project was downsizing.  I was living in a huge 3500 SF house on 7 acres with a private lake, and was desperate to move.  Sounds crazy, I know - but that house had a lot of sadness and painful memories attached to it.

I learned of a little place in the Slate Belt that was for rent.  It had everything I wanted - most especially lots of closets!  It also had a fireplace, which is something this Florida girl had always wanted.  Of course, it took me 2.5 years to be brave enough to actually light a fire in it, but I used it almost every weekend last winter.



But what sold me on it was the sun room.  It's old-fashioned, with jalousie windows.  There's a terracotta tile floor and it has views of my little front porch and a lake just down the lane.



The porch railings are covered in morning glories now, and they are so charming and fresh to look at in the early mornings.



I love to have breakfast out here on the weekends.  Sometimes, if my weekday mornings aren't too frantic, I'll at least have tea out here.  While I love autumn, it signals the end of lounging barefoot in my robe out there - reading or doing a crossword puzzle.



I'll still use it into the early winter - I can bundle up in a throw and have cocoa while Cody snoozes on his rug.



It's my favorite room.


4 comments:

  1. Pamela, thank you for stopping by Creative Ideas and for your wonderful comment. Love your sunroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty:

      My pleasure - and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete